Light and Love Yoga was founded in January 2011 by Lynda Light. Built on her love for teaching students the completeness of yoga – the union of mind, body, and spirit – Light and Love Yoga offers a complete program for all. Whether you are interested in becoming a yoga instructor, or simply looking to challenge and deepen your current yoga practice, Light and Love Yoga is the place for you.
Weekly Yoga Classes – NOW ONLINE ALSO
Light and Love Yoga ofers weekly yoga classes taught by some of the most knowledgeable and diverse instructors in North San Diego County, many of whom are past graduates of Lynda’s former YTT program at Mira Costa College.
Yoga Teacher Training
200 Hour YTT: For those interested in deepening their practice and becoming a yoga instructor, the Light and Love 200 YTT is an in-depth study of Hatha Yoga. The training includes 15 weeks of comprehensive class time, student teaching opportunities, individual and personalized study time, creative field trips, guest speakers and instructors, and directed homework.
- Asana Practice: Alignment, adjustment, sequencing, benefits, modification.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Injury prevention with applied knowledge of joints, muscles, and organs.
- Business of Yoga: How to organize and set up your yoga business.
- Chakra Awareness & Development: To use with asana practice, meditation, and developing whole health.
- Kirtan: Traditional yogic music, chanting, call and response.
- Meditation: Self-directed, guided, other.
- Pranayama: Breathing techniques, benefits, practice.
- Philosophy and History of Yoga: Ancient, modern, including styles and types. Deepened study of 8 limbs, suturas by Pantanjali, Bhaghavad Gita, Buddha.
- Restorative Yoga: To reduce stress, restore the body, mind, & spirit.
- Teaching Methodology: Ethics, safety, qualities of a yoga teacher, practice teaching.
300 Hour YTT: The 300 hour interdisciplinary program is designed to build upon the foundation of the 200 hour certification, the principles of which are timeless, ancient, and wisdom filled. We offer classical teachings that have been handed down for centuries. Our desire is to inspire a deeper Yoga Teacher Training and practices that values all yogic traditions and teachings. Every individual in the training will be accepted for where they are in their practice at the present moment. The most important requirement is a sincere desire for yoga, which is about attaining eternal happiness. Through direct experiential learning of yoga you will begin to deepen your personal practice as your teaching abilities evolve. This 300 hour program (resulting in a 500 hour total course) is designed to encourage your personal practice and strengthen your yogic teaching capabilities by:
- Increasing your exposure to the philosophies and methods of yoga.
- Strengthening your personal practice through asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting/ Kirtan, mantra, meditation, as well as other traditional yoga techniques.
- Gaining opportunities to teach in a supportive environment.
- Designing yoga sequencing with modifications and proper adjustments.
- Creating a learning community of peers with which to study, inquire, and explore.
- Deepening your understanding of yoga diet, nutrition, and whole health.
- Broadening your development of anatomy and physiology.
- Continuing to deepen your ability to take your yoga “off the mat’ & into your Life!